As part of the Yackandandah Community Development Company’s (YCDCo) commitment to the development of Yackandandah, YCDCo offers sponsorship to local groups and organisations to assist with local initiatives that are consistent with the company’s ideals of community development.
Under it’s Constitution, YCDCo. Ltd. is required to contribute 50% of all distributed profits towards community projects or causes (the other 50% is distributed to shareholders as dividends). Assistance may be provided to community groups, organisations or individuals for initiatives or projects that are;
“…intended to benefit the economic, social or cultural condition of the Yackandandah community or its surrounding areas. (YCDCo. Ltd. Constitution clause 27).”
Previous Sponsorship Recipients
Since its inception, YCDCo has sponsored many community initiatives. A full listing of all Community Commitment Sponsorship Recipients can be found here.
Priority will be given to applications that:
- Benefit more than one group;
- Can attract ‘add on’ funding from other sources or have at least explored alternative funding sources (i.e. Indigo Shire Community Grants Scheme or State Government grants on a $ for $ basis):
- Are tied to a specific project;
- Have measurable outcomes and specific timelines; and
- Show strong community involvement and support.
Sponsorship will not be offered for projects where community development is not the main focus. Sponsorship monies cannot be used for food, refreshments or personal expenses.
YCDCo Board Member Barry Maginness is responsible for Community Commitment Sponsorship Applications.